Introduction to socio-economics
- ocioeconomics – the new approach
- Socioeconomics of renewable energy and energy efficiency
- Socioeconomic impacts: assessment and mitigation
Job creation, importance and impact on society
- Policy and practice background
- Impacts on Society
The transmission to Renewable Energy and
- Energy market structures and stakeholders
- Energy system transition process
- Energy transition phase model
- Energy market transition experiences
The grid infrastructure plays a core role. Stable system operation with large amounts of intermittent RES-E generation is another major issue of practical relevance. 6 2.
- The role of the grid infrastructure
- Challenges for RES-E developers § Challenges for grid operators
- ”Deep” versus ”shallow” versus ”super-shallow” RES-E integration
- Resume for policy making
- System operation and intermittent RES-E generation
- Promoting grid-related incentives for large-scale RES-E integration into the
different European electricity systems
Global status of Renewable Energy technologies, investment flows and implementation Green Economy 5 1.
- Introduction to the Green Economy.
- Climate change & Energy Transition.
- Sustainable (Millennium) development goals (SDGs).
- Renewable Energy Technologies effects.
- Socio- Economic benefits of the Renewable Energy.
Existing environmental and public health indicators and Standards, which are adopted by a number of multilateral agencies, national governmental bodies and international nongovernmental organizations 4 1.
- Definitions of Environmental Health Indicators and Benchmarks
- Human Rights Perspective: Public Policy Factors
- Screening Process and Applications
- Preventative and Remedial Indicators
- Primary, Secondary & Tertiary Indicators and Benchmarks
- Environmental Health Performance-Based Indices
- Structural and Process Indicators of Environmental Health
Upon succesful completion of this course students should be able to understand:
- challenges resulting from carbon based economies;
- renewable energy technologies and their role with regard to socio-economic development;
- energy market structures and the role of different stakeholders;
- energy transition processes and theoretical concept of the Multi-Level-Approach;
- different phases of energy transitions that help to indentify road maps
- challenges faced in further countries that are already advanced in their energy
transition process and how they addressed challenges